Value Added Benefits, also referred to as Supplemental Benefits, are additional benefits that are not covered by Original Medicare. MoreCare offers these benefits to support the whole-person health of our members.
Benefits and coverage amounts may vary by the plan your patient enrolled in. Refer to the plan’s Summary of Benefits or Evidence of Coverage for a complete explanation of benefits. You can access these documents at MoreCare Plans.
MoreCare members receive $75 ever 3 months to purchase eligible over-the-counter (OTC) items*. Remind your patients they can shop:
In Stores at
- CVS Pharmacy (Not in Target stores)
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Jewel Osco
Tip! Some stores label products “OTC Eligible” in the aisle.
- Shop 24/7 by going to athome.medline.com/card.
- You’ll be able to see past purchases in your profile, and even track your orders!
- Call 1-833-569-2330 (TTY 711) to place an order.
- Member Experience Advisors are available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
*C-SNP members receive $85
Members will receive their OTC Card in the mail. For assistance placing orders or to order a new card, please contact member services.
Qualifying members will receive $25 every three months to us on groceries. Funds will be added to their OTC Card.
Qualifying Chronic Conditions for MAPD members:
- Chronic alcohol and other drug dependence
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Chronic heart failure
- End stage liver disease
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- Severe hematologic disorders
- Chronic Lung disorders
- Chronic and disabling mental health conditions
- Neurologic disorders
Caregiver Support Services
At MoreCare, we care about our members and their loved ones. We appreciate how challenging caring for another can be—and how challenging it can be to depend on others for care. We’re here to support our members and their caregivers with resources and tools to make life easier.
That’s why we’ve given all MoreCare members access to Caregiver Support Services through MyCareDesk and our Care Advocate Support Line – all at no cost.
MyCareDesk, provided by MoreCare:
- a digital platform that includes a comprehensive suite of web-based tools and resources to help reduce the stress of caregiving. MoreCare members and their caregivers can use MyCareDesk to
- Organize: Keep track of documents, appointments, tasks and photos
- Collaborate: Create your own care team and then share information, tasks and decision making
- Learn: Access tools and resources on topics like health, finances and senior living.
- To get started, visit morecare.mycaredesk.com. Remember: you’ll need to have your MoreCare Member ID handy to register.
Care Advocate Support Line:
- Care Advocates are trusted, senior care experts. They listen, advise, guide and help create a path forward that you can feel confident about.
- To speak to a Care Advocate, please call (833) 676-0660. They are available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
- You can also connect with a Care Advocate through the Chat feature on the MyCareDesk platform.
MoreCare members may have their rides covered to pre-approved locations like doctor’s appointments.
To arrange non-emergency transportation for your patient(s), call First Transit at (833) 347-7800 or, complete a Transportation Request Form and submit it via:
- Email: MoreCareTransportation@firstgroup.com
- Fax: (630) 446-8438
Click the link below to download the Transportation Request Form
MoreCare For You and MoreCare + members are eligible for a no cost gym membership at our partner locations below. To sign up, remind your patients to bring their MoreCare Member ID Card to:
- Any of the 16 YMCA of Metro Chicago locations
- Or, Lawndale Christian Fitness Center at 3750 W. Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL. Visit www.LawndaleFitness.org to learn more
Health & Wellness – Exercise Program
MoreCare At Home (IE SNP) members can participate in a personalized exercise program, under the direction of a physical therapist – at no additional cost!
Members receive personalized support with a program tailored to their specific needs and the setting they live. Programs may be a mix of:
- Face-to face and virtual activity
- Individual and group sessions
For information on our Therapeutic Exercise Program, or to see if it’s right for your patient, contact MoreCare Care Management or Member Services for more information.
Members of MoreCare + or MoreCare At Home (HMO SNP) can receive 1 box of healthy meals per month, delivered right to their home. This benefit is administered via primary care order.
To place an order, please call Independent Living Systems at (800) 460-7176 or, complete the Meal Service Authorization/Referral Form and submit it via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (630) 446-8438
Click the link below to download the Meal Service Authorization/Referral Form